Tuesday, November 22, 2005

report card

I'm taking a couple weeks' vacation from the internet.
Except for here, because I want to continue to pretend that someone is listening. It's been a long time since I used writing as therapy for myself. It feels good.

I've identified a few areas I need to work on. December is going to be self-improvement month. I need to make 2006 better than 2005, because it's been far too long.

SCHOOL:
This one is so major. I can't believe that I haven't touched my books in over a month =( I need to squeeze all the work I meant to do in November and December into December. I need to come up with a concrete schedule so that I can get a lot of reading, and 3 projects done. I need to check on the Design class at Grant Mac in January. I want to register for Art History and French. But first, I need to get these classes under control.

FINANCE:
I wasted a lot of money this year. It can't continue. I want to get everything under control by February 06. It's not impossible, it will just be difficult.

PERSONAL APPEARANCE:
I caught sight of myself in the elevator at work yesterday. And I thought, DAMN, I look like a girl who works at an internet helpdesk.

This has got to change.

God. The me from 2 years ago would have kicked my current self's ass. All of you with high metabolism take heed. As soon as you pass 22, this mysterious force shuts down. At least it did in my case. I was 115 pounds for years, eating all the junk food I could eat, and then bam. Playdium shut down and suddenly (and I mean suddenly) I was 150 pounds. And it's not muscle. Fat makes a good armor, a good invisibility shield for a depressed girl. But that's not who I am. It's gotta go. I'm thinking of joining the fitness challenge thing at the gym, and if not, I perscribe the following for myself:

1/2 hour of DDR per day or rollerblading while it's still nice.
GYM on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday for at least 1 hour per day.
Continued cut back on processed food and soda.

Also, I've got to drop my current "don't give a shit" look. My hair looks terrible, I don't wear ANY makeup, I essentially get up and go.

I'm meeting Shaun in an hour and BJ later on in the day. I think I will actually "get dressed up"

I've been slowly replacing my clothes too, and think I will continue. I love having style... I've just been too depressed to care.

I'll think of more later. For now, going to enjoy the sunshine while I still can :):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home