Saturday, November 19, 2005

Christmas, Music, and a Lazy Weekend...

Just a warning to all, this post will be long and pointless. I can feel it already! =)

Part of my horoscope for today: Take some time to address your own needs, even if you think expressing them is a sign of weakness. The truth is that connecting with the more vulnerable parts of yourself may not be fun, but can be endearing and will help you grow closer to another person.

Hmm. :/

My plan for today was to go Christmas shopping. I don't know what to get for anyone, though, or even who I want to shop for.

There's the family, of course. And a couple out of town friends who I've already agreed to exchange gifts with. But who else...?

I could count the people I'm close to on less than one hand.

I had the perfect idea of a Christmas present for one person, but we've had a falling-out as of late, and I don't know if a gift would be appreciated. Maybe I should do it anyway, in the spirit of the season. But we haven't really been the best of friends this year, so how do I deliver it? Call them up on Christmas Eve and ask to meet for coffee? Pop it in the mail? Hmm.

I really dislike commercial holidays. It's not that I don't enjoy giving gifts, because I do. But I enjoy spontaneous gift-giving a lot more than giving on a certain day because it's expected.

I've noticed that the things I really like about Christmas are limited to:
- New movies coming out
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Peppermint Mochas
- Candy Cane ice cream
- Paid stat days at work

Am I a grinch, or what?

Oh well.

This weekend is going to be pretty low-key. I had plans to go out on a Pubcrawl last night, but I cancelled in favor of going to bed early. I was supposed to go see HP4 with Shaun tonight but he's too overwhelmed by school. So I'm meeting BJ at 11ish to play lasertag from 12-6AM, and then tomorrow, who knows. We'll see how coherent I am.

I'm perfectly content just to sit here and listen to music today. I'm sorting through my collection, trying to fix things with mis-spellings, stupid comments (ie: .:.ripped by AnG3L666.:.) and bad genres. Maybe I'm just anal, but I really dislike it when people put stupid shit like that in the comment/genre/album field. I wish I knew a little more about music so I could tell if the genres and mix names were correct. There's a few I'm unsure about.

I'm getting quite impressed with my music collection. Last year at this time, because of my teeny hard drive, I had a mere 687 songs. And while it's hardly
impressive my track listing is now: 2317 songs, 8:12:03:37 total time, 12.59 GB.
This year I purchased 130 individual tracks, and about 4 actual CDs (Ministry of Sound 2005 Annual, Love Me Right - Angel City, Exodus - Utada, Milk Inc. - Milk Inc are all that comes to mind.)

So yeah, don't tell the RIAA :P

For anyone who cares, which I doubt is anyone, here is the full list. I'm always looking for more, so if you have something I don't, let me know :)

This entry is getting especially long, and I'm not saying much at all. I've gotten distracted about 8 million times while writing it. So I think I'm going to go make some pizza, and watch a movie.



current music:
(shuffle play is being kind to me today!)
No Fate - Zyon
Phatt Bass [Club Mix] - Warp Bros & Aquagen
Acid Overdose [Blutonium Boy Radio Edit] - DJ Neo
The Air That I Breathe [Grey and Frost Remix] - Talla 2XLC feat. Ely
El Nino [Matt Darey 12" Mix] - Agnelli & Nelson
Living in Ecstacy [Dance Mix] - BKS
Out Of The Blue [Ferry Corsten Second Edition 2003 Mix] - System F
Saltwater - Chicane
Into the Blue - DJ Dazer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home